Gila River Hotels & Casinos
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Gila River Hotels & Casinos
This position is responsible for assisting and coordinating outside sales and marketing functions for the Catering Department by performing the following duties, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting contracts and Banquet Event Orders (BEO) as needed.
- Assist with responding to incoming leads via phone calls, emails, and Open Table.
- Reserve event space in Open Table, Delphi and Outlook.
- Keep Open Table updated with all private dining events.
- Send out catering agreements, collect credit card information for payment, and send out receipts.
- Put together restaurant private dining promotional kits for sales calls.
- Assist with creating marketing promotions & collateral for Event Manager.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities, but directly influences enterprise employees in their performance.
Skill / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior management experience in event scheduling, training, catering, banquets and menu development required.
- Must have exceptional reservations or groups function background with food & beverage service skills of the highest standards.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is a follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent service skills, strong organizational skills, telephone etiquette, and be a self- starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Skills in the use of personal computers, Microsoft Office Suite Software, email and enterprise specific programs.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.