Gila River Hotels & Casinos
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cook 2 - George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen
at Gila River Hotels & Casinos
This position is responsible for preparing all types of hot and cold food items in the dining areas of the enterprise, This position also performs duties related to preparation of food and beverage items prepared in the restaurant outlets and team member dining rooms, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Responsible for providing high quality, fresh hot and cold food items using standardized recipes and methods for preparation.
- Maintains a neat and orderly food preparation environment by cleaning in a timely manner immediately following preparation.
- Maintains knowledge of good costs and performs job responsibilities in a manner that minimizes waste an improved financial performance.
- Sample food prepared to ensure highest quality level at all times.
- Maintains correct PAR levels.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned
Skill / Requirements
- Professional training through a culinary education or working in a fast-paced high volume restaurant/catering facility, full service casual dining required.
- Must be familiar with common culinary terms and methods regarding broiling, braising, roasting, poaching, sauce preparation and meat carving among other methods.
- Ability to operate a broad range of kitchen equipment including stoves, broilers, deep fryers and other food preparation equipment, and uses hand tools, knives and other related small wares.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Interact positively with guest, Appreciate our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Greet our guest
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.