Gila River Hotels & Casinos
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Gila River Hotels & Casinos
This position provides ultimate hospitality for guests in a casino environment while ensuring all laws and regulations with respect to the safe and responsible service of alcoholic beverages are strictly adhered to and by performing the following duties, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Answers menu questions posed by guests.
- Maintains knowledge of beverages and any food offerings or special menu items offered.
- Upsells to premium offerings of wine, beer and spirituous liquors.
- Observes guests behavior and cues that could indicate obvious signs of intoxication.
- Provides attentive, friendly and professional service to internal and external guests while communicating in a positive, respectful manner.
- May act in the capacity of a server assistant and ensures food items are picked up and served immediately upon availability from the kitchen.
- Ensures the quality and presentation meet or exceed the expectations of guests.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned
Skill / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high volume bar, restaurant or nightclub is preferred.
- General wine, beer and spirituous liquor knowledge preferred.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Interact positively with guest, Appreciate our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Greet our guest
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.