Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Volunteers of America
Come join the Homestead at Rochester as our campus expands!
The Homestead at Rochester is seeking friendly, passionate and energetic candidates to join our team in our homelike working environment. We offer great wages and flexibility, combined with the benefits of being a part of the Volunteers of America family. We have full-time and part-time Cook positions available, shifts are 8 hours with varying times between 6:00 AM and 7:30 PM. Every schedule includes an every other weekend and holiday rotation. Up to $4,000 Recruitment Incentive for taking a full-time position! Refer your friends for quarterly incentives as well!
Take advantage of our scholarship programs and advance.
* 403b Retirement Savings
**BONUS**BONUS**BONUS** Excellence Bonuses - Quarterly bonuses available for employees that participate in:
* Refer a friend
* Staying with the Family - Years of Service
* Committee involvement
* Become a coach and mentor new incoming staff members
Employees scheduled 24 hours per week are eligible for Dental, Vision and PTO benefits. Employees scheduled 30 or more hours per week are eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision and PTO benefits. The 403b Retirement Savings benefit is available for employees that are scheduled 20 hours per week and above.
- Completes defined food preparation, serving of meals and cleaning duties according to proper procedures, using various dietary equipment and supplies, as assigned by the Director of Dietary and Management Team.
- Plans and initiates cooking schedule for food preparation to meet meal schedule.
- Prepares, seasons, cooks and serves meat, main dish, soup and vegetable for assigned meal; ensures appropriate portioned servings according to portion control standards.
- Monitors temperature of hot and cold foods through food preparation and service to ensure that established temperature goals are met prior to steam table transfer and maintained throughout meal service.
- Takes orders and serves meals in the dining room.
1. Friendly and enjoy working with the elderly.
2. Previous institutional cooking and dietary service experience is preferred.
3. Ability to read and understand procedures used for work assignments, instructions, recipe directions and diet order cards.
**Must pass a criminal background check and post offer drug screen**