Vivage Quality Health Partners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food and Nutrition Aide- Server - The Lodge at Grand Junction (Full-time and Part-time)
at Vivage Quality Health Partners
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Food Service
- Is managing multiple things at one time easy for you?
- Are you passionate about building relationships and connections with people?
- Do you like to collaborate and work as part of a team?
- Are you passionate about delivering high quality service?
Be a part of our team at Grand Junction Lodge, opening in April 2019. Grand Junction Lodge is designed for easy Colorado living with many options to support senior’s active lifestyle and wellness. Experience majestic Mesa views with a prime location near physician’s offices, St Mary’s Medical Center, shopping and the best Grand Junction has to offer.
Life can be enjoyed with all the comforts of home in our 36 assisted living apartments and suites and 12 memory care apartments in our distinctive residence. Amenities will include 24-hour on-site staffing and emergency response personnel, state-of-the-art technology to support independence and enrichment, personalized lifestyle recreation and leisure offerings. Grand Junction Lodge will offer a variety of chef-prepared culinary and dining experiences and outdoor lifestyle experiences including a greenhouse and horticulture area. In addition, our skilled nursing facility is conveniently located within a few miles of Grand Junction Lodge. With that, we’re able to provide a continuum of care while we serve our seniors needs on all levels.
Our name, WellAge reflects our commitment to creating environments and services to promote our residents aging well and remaining active doing the things they love and enjoy. Grand Junction Lodge is owned and operated by WellAge Senior Communities. We are adding six new communities over the next two years and we’d love for you to join our team!
The Food and Nutrition Aide’s primary responsibility is to provide assistance in all food functions following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. The person in this role is entrusted to follow established policies and procedures as directed by the Dining Services Director in order to assist in food preparation, serve a well-balanced meal and maintain a clean and sanitary dining hall
Dining Maintenance Duties: 40% time
- Ensure that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available
- Assist in cleaning and sanitizing work areas, equipment and floors, dishes and utensils
- Remove food trays from carts, dining rooms, etc.
- Perform dishwashing/cleaning procedures
- Carry out garbage and keep work areas clean, dry and free of hazardous equipment
- Wear protective clothing and equipment when handling infectious waste and/or blood/body fluids
- Assist/direct daily or scheduled cleaning duties in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, the appearance of work areas, and perform regular inspections of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety, and proper performance of assigned duties
Dining Duties: 30% time
- Assist cook in preparing meals that are palatable and appetizing in accordance with established portion control procedures
- Set up and deliver meal trays, food carts, etc., to designated areas
- Assist in checking meal plates/trays before distribution
- Serve food in dining room as instructed
- Distribute and collect menus as necessary
- Prepare and deliver snacks as instructed
Serving Responsibilities: 20% time
- Work closely with other kitchen staff and other dietary aides
- Provide good customer service to residents to ensure the best dining experience
- Take orders, serve food and drinks, remove dinnerware from table in timely fashion
- Help with food preparation and cleaning duties
- Help create and maintain the dining ambiance for residents
- Transmits resident’s food orders to the kitchen, identify residents special dietary needs and requests
- Adhere to sanitation and safety requirements in the kitchen and dining room
Department Duties: 10% time
- Attend and participate in facility mandatory in-service training programs as scheduled
- Participate and assist in departmental studies and projects as assigned or that may become necessary
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care information including protected health information
- Maintains a liaison with other department directors to adequately plan for food services/activities
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Properly use supplies and maintain equipment; follow written and oral instructions concerning the mixture of cleaning compounds, liquids, cleaning instruction, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: A minimum of an 8th grade education
Experience: None, on the job training provided; experience in the food industry preferred
WellAge is an Equal Opportunity Employer