Vivage Quality Health Partners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cook- The Lodge at Grand Junction (Full-time and Part-time)
at Vivage Quality Health Partners
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Food Service
- Do you love creating healthy and nutritious meals?
- Does working as a high-performing individual and as part of a high-performing team excite you?
- Are you passionate about people’s overall health and well-being?
- Are you an individual who is effective at communicating with others?
Be a part of our team at Grand Junction Lodge, opening in April 2019. Grand Junction Lodge is designed for easy Colorado living with many options to support senior’s active lifestyle and wellness. Experience majestic Mesa views with a prime location near physician’s offices, St Mary’s Medical Center, shopping and the best Grand Junction has to offer.
Life can be enjoyed with all the comforts of home in our 36 assisted living apartments and suites and 12 memory care apartments in our distinctive residence. Amenities will include 24-hour on-site staffing and emergency response personnel, state-of-the-art technology to support independence and enrichment, personalized lifestyle recreation and leisure offerings. Grand Junction Lodge will offer a variety of chef-prepared culinary and dining experiences and outdoor lifestyle experiences including a greenhouse and horticulture area. In addition, our skilled nursing facility is conveniently located within a few miles of Grand Junction Lodge. With that, we’re able to provide a continuum of care while we serve our seniors needs on all levels.
Our name, WellAge reflects our commitment to creating environments and services to promote our residents aging well and remaining active doing the things they love and enjoy. Grand Junction Lodge is owned and operated by WellAge Senior Communities. We are adding six new communities over the next two years and we’d love for you to join our team!
The Sous Chef/Cook will prepare, cook, season, and serve adequate, attractive, nutritious, and balanced meals. Meals prepared include meat, fish, fowl, vegetables, fruit, soups, salads, desserts, breads, and pastries, as specified and scheduled by the menus. The person holding this position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities in accordance with current existing federal and state regulations and established company policies and procedures.
Food Preparation Duties: 75% time
- Handle and prepare food that is palatable, appetizing and attractive
- Establish practice of serving hot food hot and cold food cold
- Cook a variety of foods in large quantities
- Be familiar with seasoning and cooking time required
- Be aware of cooking characteristics of various cuts of meats, fish and fowl
- Prepare foods for cooking: Peel, wash, trim, and cut vegetables and fruit; wash, cut, de-bone and trim meat, fish and fowl
- Cook food: Bake, roast, stew and steam-cook meats, fish and fowl, basting as necessary to retain flavor; make gravies, stocks, dressings, sauces and soups
- Prepare cold meats, sandwiches, griddle cakes, cooked cereals, and beverages
- Use initiative and judgment in setting up meals and utilizing leftovers to avoid waste
- Follow standard recipes but make independent decisions in line with current experience
- Understand importance of proper food-handling techniques and hazards of improper food handling
- Estimate quantities of food required and apportion servings while monitoring portion-controlled guidelines for individual residents
- Taste, smell, and observe food to ensure conformity with recipes and appearance
- Serve food according to dietary guidelines, checking each tray for completeness and accuracy
Kitchen Duties: 25% time
- Comply with meal schedules
- Maintain and use equipment and supplies
- Work cooperatively with other staff and departments
- Wash pots, pans, and other equipment as used
- Responsible for supervision of other food service employees in absence of the Executive Chef
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred Experience: Previous experience in the dietary department of a healthcare facility preferred
WellAge is an Equal Opportunity Employer