The Lingenfelter Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Lingenfelter Center
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepares and serves meals which include any or all of the following: main dishes, vegetables, breakfast and lunch items, and baked goods. Preparation and serving of foods are in accordance with established procedures and practices of food preparation, food temperatures, freezing, thawing, food portioning tools and controls, and storage and delivery.
- Oversees assigned personnel in the preparation of meals in accordance with established procedures, to include, but not limited to: proper use of kitchen appliances including using food processors, meat slicers and grinders, knifes, ovens, rolling pins, steamers, fryers, and related appliances in a safe, secure manner, proper methods and procedures in preparing, cooking, serving, delivering, and storing foods; and proper cleaning procedures of kitchen facilities, equipment, utensils, and appliances.
- Determines proper amounts of food and baked goods to prepare based on menus and meal head counts.
- Serves and oversees the serving of meals for portion control.
- Inspects kitchen appliances and equipment for cleanliness and malfunctions. Verifies appropriate temperatures of appliances are correct on a daily basis. Advises higher level of authority if repairs are required.
- Cleans, maintains and services required equipment, appliances and tools used during performance of work assignments and maintains a clean, safe working environment.
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Methods, materials, and practices of institutional food preparation and service to include food temperatures, freezing, thawing, food portioning tools and controls and storage.
- Operation and servicing of institutional sized kitchen appliances, equipment and tools.
- Food preparation, dietary and nutritional documents.
- Safety hazards, practices, precautions and procedures related to institutional food preparation.
- County and State health and sanitation requirements applicable to institutional food preparation and services.
- Use and care of equipment, tools and materials used in food preparation.
- Safe and effective operation and servicing of appliances, equipment and tools used in food preparation.
- Preparing appropriate amounts and quality of foods and baked goods based on menus and meal head counts in an institutional, commercial or related facility.
- Effectively service, maintain and operate assigned appliances, equipment and tools in accordance with standard operating and safety procedures.
- Direct, instruct and train in the proper use and operation of appliances, equipment and tools and sharp, powered items to insure safe precautions are utilized.
- Fulfill physical requirements of work assignments requiring occasional to frequent moderate lifting of 25-50 pounds and operating appliances and equipment with exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with assigned personnel, associate personnel, residents and vendors.
- Understand and follow, quickly and accurately, oral and written instructions and perform arithmetical computations involving fractions, decimals and percentages.
Regular contact with associate personnel, residents, visitors and vendors.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- May be subject to call back and irregular schedules.
- Work is subject to utilizing and safe operation of institutional size kitchen appliances and equipment; microwave ovens; large, hot ovens; large, refrigeration/freezer section and other related kitchen appliance and equipment.
- Exposure to hot, scalding oil, grease and water.
- Involves occasional to frequent moderate lifting of 25 to 50 pounds.
- Safety-sensitive position pursuant to A.R.S. 23-493.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Three to five years experience as a Cook involved with the preparation and delivery of meals in a large scale commercial or institutional operation or related facility.
- Or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the desired knowledge, skills and abilities.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
- Must possess current food handler’s certificate as provided by Mohave County Health Department or related governmental agency within 30 days of hire.
- Obtain/maintain Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Card at employee’s expense.
- Obtain/maintain CPR Certification.
- Complete annual Tuberculosis Testing.
- Complete required in-service training.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the requirements of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.