The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
FOOD SERVICE AIDE
at The Geo Group
Facility: HECTOR GARZA CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
Under general supervision, prepares large quantities of a variety of food including meats, fish, poultry, gravies, cereals, soups, vegetables and other foods. Uses various methods of cooking and seasoning and adheres to proper preparations methods. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Cooks food as directed in the operational menu plan for the facility food service operation. Ensures recipes are extended to the facility population requirements. Maintains accurate production records.
- Directs work, provides training and performs inspections of work performed by detainee food service staff.
- Conducts orientation and training programs for staff employees.
- Responsible for preparation scheduling and the quality assurance of all foods and supplies.
- Responsible for placing orders for food and supplies as assigned by management. Checks in deliveries and takes inventory of food and supplies as required.
- Ensures the sanitation and safety program is actively practiced in all areas of the department.
- Assists management in maintaining a high-level of good client relations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- College credits or relevant technical training courses in food service preparation and cooking preferred. Prior cooking and correctional food service training preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years prior experience in successfully managing and/or quantity food production experience in commercial, military, or institutional setting or an equivalent combination of work experience and training required.
- Must be able to communicate to all personnel the minimum production/service requirements of the job.