Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food Service Worker 1 - Part Time
at Steward Health Care System
At Trumbull Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
High school diploma or GED.
Minimum qualifications of 1-3 years’ experience in foodservice, within in the last 5 years required.
Experience or training in Nutrition Service preferred.
Experience with catering, retail foodservice, cashiering preferred.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Orders, prepares, portions, serves food, snacks and nourishments; maintains supplies applicable to area served, and prioritizes job duties to maintain customer service / flow of responsibilities.
- Works tray assembly line.
- Delivers and retrieves patient trays according to safety and customer service standards.
- Cleans, sanitizes dishes, utensils, and equipment.
- Reviews and stores daily deliveries and rotates stock according to standards.
- Knows proper procedure for handling food and operating equipment, including cash register system, dish machine, patient tray carts, cafeteria cooking equipment such as grill, fryer, panini, and other small appliances such as blender, etc.
- Covers catering and special functions as assigned
- Accurately operates cash/credit/payroll deduction applications of cash register and is accountable for daily balances and cash deposits, and for accurately applying charges to all items purchased according to process set by management.
- Maintains customer focus and utilizes customer service standards during all interactions with employees, physicians, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Important COVID message
Please note, Trumbull Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.