Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel
|Employment Status|| |
The Banquet Captain over sees the banquet service operation and supervises the banquet staff.
- Addresses guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Communicates with guests, other employees, or departments to ensure guest needs are met.
- Inspect the cleanliness and presentation of all china, glass, and silver prior to use.
- Monitors and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Prepare coffee breaks, carts, and stations with appropriate food and beverages as stated in banquet event order.
- Prepares tables, action stations, buffets, service carts, dessert tables/carts and cordial carts with specified tools, wares and equipment according to company standards.
- Bus tables by removing and separating tableware, plateware, glassware, and flatware.
- Monitors tableware to ensure it is presentable to guests, including checking for cleanliness, cracks, and chips.
- Responds to and try to fulfill any special banquet event arrangements requested by guest.
- Replenishes buffet items to ensure consistency and freshness in presentation from opening to closing.
- Follows up on special banquet event arrangements requested by guest to ensure compliance.
- Communicates additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Maintains cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Sets tables according to type of event and service standards, including types of linens, glassware, plate/chinaware, and silver/flatware, ensuring all supplies meet quality standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Preference is given to qualified Santa Ana Tribal Members.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years experience in a major hotel as a banquet captain or equivalent.
- Experience necessary in all facets of banquet service including, but not limited to; customer service, banquet set up and break down.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Pueblo of Santa Ana Gaming and Regulatory Commission non gaming license.
Essential Mental Functions:
The essential mental functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to handle conflict situations.
Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, customer environment.
Essential Physical Functions:
The essential physical functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of the position, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, turn, use hands and fingers to grasp, handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Physical ability to safely perform the essential job functions of the position.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel software.
- Traditional office equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employee will be exposed to a second-hand smoke-filled environment
Hazards include working around moving equipment/machinery. Equipment and machinery must be properly used or they can be potentially hazardous.