Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part-time Cook - Mesa
Sante of Mesa is hiring a part-time Cook. The primary purpose this position is to prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Culinary Chef and/or Culinary Services Director, to assure that quality food service is provided at all times.
- Adhere to, uphold, and champion the Santé Values.
- Review menus prior to preparation of food.
- Inspect special diet trays to assure that the correct diet is served to the guest.
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submit to the Culinary Services Director.
- Coordinate food service with other departments as necessary.
- Work with the facility’s dietitian as necessary and implement recommended changes as required.
- Ensure that all food procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
- Assist in standardizing the methods in which work will be accomplished.
- Assume the authority, responsibility and accountability of Culinary Assistant Cook.
- Ensure that menus are maintained and filed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assist in establishing food service production line, etc., to assure that meals are prepared on time.
- Process diet changes and new diets as received from Nursing Services.
- Agree not to disclosed assigned user ID code and password for accessing guest/facility information and promptly report any known or suspected unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of such information to the Administrator.
Others as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed
- Prepare meals in accordance with planned menus.
- Prepare and serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Prepare food for therapeutic diets in accordance with planned menus.
- Prepare food in accordance with standardized recipes and special diet orders.
- Prepare and serve bedtime snacks.
- Be sure that appropriate equipment and utensils are provided with the guest’s meal tray.
- Review care plans to assure that current food information is consistent with foods served.
- Prepare and serve substitute foods to guests who refuse foods served.
Safety and Sanitation
- Prepare food in accordance with sanitary regulations as well as our established policies and procedures.
- Ensure that safety regulations and precautions are followed at all times by all personnel.
- Follow established Infection Control Precautions policies and procedures when performing daily tasks.
- Assist/direct daily or scheduled cleaning duties in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the department is maintained in a clean and safe manner by assuring that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained.
- Report all hazardous conditions/equipment to the Culinary Services Director immediately.
- Report all accidents/incidents as established by department policies. Fill out and file reports as directed.
- Assist in maintaining food storage areas in a clean and properly arranged manner at all times.
- Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established policies.
- Wear protective clothing and equipment when handling infectious waste and/or blood/body fluids.
- Report missing/illegible labels or MSDSs to the Culinary Services Director.
Equipment and Supply Functions
- Ensure that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available.
- Assist in inventorying and storing in-coming food, supplies, etc., as necessary.
- Recommend to the Culinary Services Director the equipment and supply needs of the department.
- Assist in serving meals as necessary and on a timely basis.
- Make only authorized food substitutions.
- Assist in food preparation for special meals, for parties, etc.
- One (1) year food experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility preferred (but not necessary).