Monarch Blackhawk Casino
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cafe Room Chef
at Monarch Blackhawk Casino
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage, Leadership
Monarch Casino Resort Spa in Black Hawk, Colorado is opening a brand new expansion that will have over 500 luxurious rooms, 4 delectable restaurants, and a full service spa/salon!
Our restaurants will feature a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Specialty Restaurant, and Buffet. Our spa will feature state of the art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with a roof top pool, sauna’s, hot tubs and more!
Now hiring bold, motivated, team-focused individuals!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) Will Enjoy:
- Hiring Bonus – non management
- Team Member Referral Program
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Subsidized Transportation Options
- Free Parking
- Team Member Anniversary Program and Recognition
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) also enjoy:
- 1 week of PTO at 6 months and a 2nd week at 1 year
- 6 Observed Holidays
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability)
- 401k with company match
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Assistance Programs
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4-$6 per day!
- Maintain a high quality of guest service and satisfaction.
- Responsible for kitchen and restaurant expenses and inventories.
- Responsible for developing new menu items and specials
- Responsible for proper food preparation quantity and quality.
- Responsible for Maintaining and enforcing all sanitation and health department requirements.
- Works with FOH management to maintain budgetary and financial requirements, food cost, labor cost, etc.
- Responsible for monthly inventory.
- Responsible for kitchen personnel training.
- Responsible for Ensuring and expediting proper product storage, quality, presentation and consistency.
- Responsible for holding accountable all Line Cooks, Prep Cooks and support personnel through effective and consistent communication.
- Responsible for interacting with the receiving/ purchasing department to ensure food orders are of the proper quality and quantity
- Responsible for department compliance regarding all sanitation rules and requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring that culinary operation are in satisfactory conditions to meet local health requirements.
- Supervise and guide all kitchen personnel with development and discipline.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must have at least 3 years of supervisory experience & 5 years culinary experience.
Culinary degree from a recognized culinary or trade school.
Be able to lift 50 pounds safely
Be able to stand 90% of the time
Ability to multi-task
Work in a fast paced environment