Laveen Elementary School District #59
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cafeteria Worker (29.5 hrs)
at Laveen Elementary School District #59
Prefer high school diploma or equivalent. Prefer one year food service experience. Current food handlers card required.
Prepares andserves food to students, staff, and public.
- Prepares, sets up, and serves food.
- Assists with production records, temperature records, and sanitation standards.
- Maintains food service facilities and equipment in a neat, clean, safe, and sanitary condition.
- Assists with the collection of moneys received from appropriate sales.
- Performs daily clean up procedures (dishes, sweeping, mopping, etc.).
- Maintains clean and sanitized workstations, counters, steam tables and other equipment.
- Manages and/or assists with the receipt, storage and rotation of food items and supplies.
- Manages and/or assists with appropriate inventory control process.
- Communicates with students, parents, and/or staff on appropriate child nutrition information
- Communicates with students, parents, and/or staff regarding meal portions and nutritional standards.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios.
- Read a variety of manuals; writes documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others.
- Understand multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: bookkeeping principles; and office equipment/software.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional situations; Responds promptly to student, staff, and public needs.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Creates and maintains a positive and conducive work environment.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful and positive manner.
- Safety and Security - Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and maintain confidentiality of information.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet and District software.
- Knowledge of appropriate business machines and telephones.
- Monitor special system(s), not limited to, including security and fire alarm systems.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. In addition, some carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: requires (standing for prolonged periods, sitting, and walking.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Ten-month, employee pay and benefits in accordance with Board policy.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Part Time Employee Benefits in accordance with Board policy.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with the Board policy on evaluation of support personnel.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, August 26, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)