La Posada at Park Centre, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Cook - Full Time
at La Posada at Park Centre, Inc.
To provide our Residents and their guests a pleasurable dining experience. To assist with supervision and management of kitchen staff and to take direction from the Executive Chefs or Sous Chefs. To coordinate with management all related services such as food ordering, food production, duty rosters, catering events and administration of policy.
Speaks, reads and writes Basic English.
- Highly organized with an attention to details, ability to multi-task.
- Two years related kitchen experience.
- Above average attendance.
- Good communication skills for interacting with Residents, Guests, Visitors and Staff.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding work environment, perform considerable physical activities including standing for extended periods of time and moving and lifting objects up to 50 pounds.
- Basic computer skills.
- Experience with commercial kitchen equipment.
Train and supervise cooks and lead cooks in duties which include; uniform and appearance codes, cooking techniques, proper station setup, “Stellar” service, and safety and sanitation procedures.
- Monitor employee policy compliance in areas such as; Cell Phone use, Employee Meals and Breaks, Time and Attendance.
- Monitor kitchens for food preparation and distribution of workload, catering functions for food appearance and quality, and salad bar and buffets for professional and appealing appearance.
- Complete opening and closing temperature logs, station assignments, and daily record of events in BOH Log and BOH Attendance in Outlook.
- Record and manage food inventory controls.
- Assist management with payroll recording, evaluations and service meetings.
- Maintain open lines of communication with Residents, Guests, Visitors and fellow employees.
- Assist Chef’s in training lead cooks with new menu rollouts, production lists, inventory control and overall kitchen organization and proper sanitation and cleanliness.
Please come and meet us on Wednesday, April 10, 2019 from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm at Desert Diamond Casino in Sahuarita, AZ. We will be accepting applications and resumes and sharing with you why La Posada is The Best Place You Will Ever Work.