Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HIRING NIGHT SHIFT **Manual Labor Entry Level ** OJT (Bridgeport)
Our company is HOODZ of Fairfield and New Haven Counties and HOODZ has been cleaning vent hoods at NIGHT in restaurant kitchens for 7 years.
We have an opening for crew member position which does NOT require experience, we train on the job.
The crew member position involves helping the crew leader get the job done, with a big emphasis on assisting the leader tech in cleaning the entire kitchen exhaust system by pressure washing it, then polishing the stainless steel associated with the system, mopping the floor, cleaning up after yourselves in a comprehensive manner, filling out after service reports, accounting for all tools used on the job, packing the truck, all the while working in an unsupervised, two-man crew environment.
We usually clean 2 restaurants/night (while they are closed)
Sunday - Thursday night (approx 9p-6a). Jobs happen 7 days per week, and all of the day, but most jobs happen Sunday through Thursday from 9PM to 6AM. Having said that, We're looking for canditates for all shifts.
This job is different because:
- no bosses or customers to deal with
- we work at night
- the job is fast paced (never watching the clock)
- we reward and promote top performing employees
- weekly performance bonuses are given on top of normal hrly wages
- we drive company van to each job so there is "windshield time"
- we provide all on the job training
Skill / Requirements
- Must have valid driver's license
- Have transportation to and from work
- Pass a background check (felonies/violent misdemeanors)
- Pass a drug test
- Work in small/tight areas (wiping down inside of restaurant hood)
- Lift 100 pounds
- Work on feet for up to 10 hrs at a time
- Work on knees for 30 minutes at a time
- Must be able to squat and lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to climb ladder