Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Reference #: 9447_1527422
* We are a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment screenings, COVID-19 testing and background checks will be conducted for all viable candidates.*
REPORTS TO: KITCHEN SUPERVISOR
Minimum of 2 years' experience as a cook in a high volume restaurant
Able to speak and read English
Able to work weekends and holidays
Prepare and cook food with attention to cleanliness and sanitation, quality standards, taste, timeliness and cost effectiveness with respect for fellow cooks and the hotel environment.
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Ability to prepare hot and cold food items while maintain a clean, organized and sanitary work station.
2. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions including recipes, prep lists, plate presentations, etc.
3. Ability to efficiently multitask and work in a fast paced, high demand work environment.
4. Ability to complete prep in a safe and sanitary manner in accordance with established state and local food handler guidelines.
5. Ability to ensure that all work station mise en place and prep is ready for beginning of scheduled work period, and station is cleaned and sanitized and end of scheduled work period.
6. Ability to store food items (cooked/raw) according to safe food handling guidelines.
7. Ability to organize and use food products in accordance with FIFO, time control and temperature controlled safety guidelines.
8. Ability to report and handle any kitchen or hotel accidents and emergencies according to hotel standards regardless of severity.
9. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, stand for long periods of time, and bend/reach as needed to assure job completion.
10. Ability to conduct oneself in a professional and polite manner at all times to reflect high standards established by Riverside Hotel employee guidelines.
11. Ability to work as a team and enjoy the success that comes from being dedicated to the work at hand.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
12. Ability to check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out of stock items or possible shortages.
13. Ability to comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
14. Ability to reports all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment to shift leadership.
15. Ability to perform any other job related duties as assigned. This may require to assist by performing utility or other departmental duties as needed. Willing to cross work on any of our culinary departments.
* Ovens ranges
* Gas stoves
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!