Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Reference #: 9447_842884
Responsible for ensuring the quality preparation of all menu items through proper food handling and storage of all food items in accordance with standards. Assists with the purchase of all food items adhering to proper practices, standards, and procedures for purchasing, receiving and storage, and assists with the development of all menus, maintaining food and labor costs.
* Ensures complete guest satisfaction.
* Assists with achieving financial goals regarding food and labor costs.
* Must have the ability to produce high quality products for the brand.
* Must have exceptional food cost control abilities while producing a high level product.
* Must be able to produce high quality menu products that capture the hotel's market.
* Must have creative abilities in food presentation.
* Must be able to work all stations in kitchen.
* Must have knowledge of kitchen operating equipment.
* Must adhere to purchasing standards, practices and controls.
* Must demonstrate exceptional sanitation practices.
* Must have exceptional cost controls in place for food and beverage.
* Must develop exceptional relationships with all hotel staff.
* Keeps all refrigeration, storage, and working areas in clean, working condition in order to comply with Health Department regulations.
* Ensures that all equipment in working areas is clean and in proper working condition to comply with Health Department regulations.
* Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
* Must have an exceptional understanding of kitchen safety.
* Participates and steers the hotel Safety Committee.
* Ensures that Quality Standards and Service are maintained for Property, Product, and People.
* Must be able to work all shifts.
* Adheres to established policies and procedures for Winston Hospitality, Inc. and the hotel's brand.
* Practices the Winston Hospitality, Inc. Culture and ensures all cultural expectations are implemented and regularly practiced throughout the Culinary Department.
* Must be able to perform Sous Chef duties in his or her absence
* Must be able to lead culinary team to uphold standards and goals set forth by the Sous Chef, Executive Chef, and Director of Food & Beverage.
* Responsible for performing "other duties" as assigned by management.
* Must have exceptionally high sanitation standards
* Must complete Food Handlers Certification.
* Must have extensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
* Must have knowledge of all menu items and accompaniments.
* Knowledge of appropriate table settings, service ware and menu items.
* Must have the ability to read, speak and write the English language in order to communicate with guests.
* Must have basic mathematical skills.
* Must have exceptional Guest Relations Skills.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
-Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations.
-Must be able to lift and carry upwards to 25 to 50 pounds.
-Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working in assigned area.
-Manual dexterity and coordination to perform all job duties including lifting of trays, cases of food, etc.
-Read, write, speak, and understand English.
-Operate in mentally and physically stressful situations.
-Respond to visual and aural cues.
-Work in cold & hot temperatures.
-Possibly be exposed to second hand smoke.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!