Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The Austin Country Club in Austin, Minnesota, is looking for an Executive Chef. The Club was founded in 1919 by George A. Hormel, the first Club president and founder of the Hormel Foods Corporation. The Austin Country Club is a member-owned, private club with a well-kept, heavily wooded, picturesque 18-hole golf course that plays through towering pines and majestic oak trees with the menacing Dobbins Creek strategically snaking through the course to catch any errant shots. The tree-lined fairways are lush, and the greens are small and speedy requiring accurate iron play and a smooth and steady putting stroke. This is a fun and challenging course for players of any skill level. There is a driving range, practice bunker, chipping green and 3 practice putting greens as well as other amenities that make it the complete country club experience. The beautiful full-service clubhouse is two levels with locker rooms, member bar & grill and dining room/banquet area for up to 300 guests. The Club also has three lighted hard surface tennis courts and a heated swimming pool. 300 total members currently with 214 golf, 86 social and is open 11.5 months per year, 5 to 7 days a week depending on the season. The Club has had many long tenured management team members retire, change careers, or move on to larger responsibilities recently, but the current team is continuing to enhance the member experience along with becoming affiliated and managed by Troon Privé as of May 2020. Furthermore, the Club is in the process of completing a Facility Master Plan to upgrade and enhance its facilities and will begin implementing the plan this fall with all work being completed by the end of 2021. Austin is the home to Hormel Foods Corporation World Headquarters, a Fortune 500 company. Austin is a wonderful city that is has been growing and undergoing many changes that are being directed by a grass roots process called Vision 2020. Vision 2020 has done many great things and will be sun setting, but a new effort called Impact Austin will take four key components of the Vision 2020 effort to continue to enhance the community. Austin has great public and private school systems as well as a wonderful community college, a Mayo Clinic health care facility and is a wonderful place to raise a family. Austin is conveniently located on the I-90 corridor and is located just 35 miles southwest of Rochester the home of the world-famous Mayo Clinic and is also only a short drive to the Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area.
Sous Chefs (2); Line Cooks (4-5); Dishwashers; Culinary Interns; plus added staff with pool kitchen expansion
Responsible for food production for all foodservice outlets and banquet functions as well as the overall supervision of the culinary production team. Oversee and supervise the work of all culinary personnel to insure a high-quality professional food service operation. Develop menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Accountable for the control of labor and food costs and the preparation of operating budget for the culinary department.
TAKS PERFORMED (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER):
* Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates the work of management staff in the culinary production departments
* Plans menus (with Dining Room/Banquet Manager, General Manager and Beverage Lead(s)) for all food outlets at the club and program into clubs point of sale system.
* Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks, and other culinary team members to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals
* Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies for the culinary department ensuring we procure at the best market price. All while ensuring that orders are inspected for quantity, quality, price, and purchase specifications. As well as check goods against what was ordered and log invoices in receiving control log
* Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are always maintained throughout all kitchen areas
* Establishes controls to minimize food waste and theft
* Safeguards all culinary preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation, and accident prevention principles
* Develops standard to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices
* Prepares annual operating budget for department and submit to General Manager for incorporation into the club income and expense operating budget. Works within the framework of established budget, striving to improve the operation.
* Monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met
* Perform end of month inventory. Review inventory costs to assure accuracy of last cost by accounting department.
* Attend weekly staff meetings and other meetings as requested by the General Manager.
* Consults with committees about food production aspects of special events being planned
* Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation
* Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained
* Interacts with applicable food and beverage managers to assure that food production aspects of special events being planned
* Plans and manages the employee meal program
* Evaluates products to assure that quality, price, and related goods are consistently met.
* Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment, and terminology
* Recruits and makes selection decisions; evaluates job performance of culinary staff; corrects, rewards and disciplines staff in a fair and legal manner
* Inspects personnel as to their appearance to ensure club standards are adhered to.
* Reviews and recommends compensation rates/increases for culinary staff
* Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment
* Provides training and professional development opportunities for all culinary staff
* Motivates and develops staff including cross-training and promotion for all culinary staff
* Periodically visits dining area when it is open to talk with members and their guests
* Attends committee meetings as assigned by the General Manager.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!