Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Food & Beverage
Job Reference #: 9447_1525176
Categories: Restaurant/Food Service, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - ALL CATEGORIES
The Inn at Elon is a new 4-star, 80-room boutique hotel located on the campus of Elon University and features The Mark at Elon, a fine dining restaurant, serving refined American fare with a relaxed Southern twist
The Director of Food and Beverage is responsible for maintaining a profitable department with high-quality products and exceptional service levels. The Director of Food and Beverage is expected to generate ideas to promote business, foster a positive work environment with low turnover, maintain revenue and payroll budgets, and meet budgeted productivity while delivering the highest levels of service in a fine dining atmosphere.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty.
* Monitor industry trends, take appropriate action to maintain a competitive and profitable operation, including updating beverage lists and menu items as necessary;
* Prepare the F&B budget and monitor department performance accordingly;
* Work with the General Manager and keep informed of F&B issues as they arise;
* Coordinate and monitor all phases of loss prevention in the F&B department, conduct monthly inventories, and research any cost variances to budget;
* Comply with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations;
* Interview candidates for front-of-house F&B positions and follow standards for hiring approvals;
* Conduct daily shift meetings, monthly departmental meetings, and ensure on-going guest service training and compliance of SOP's and personal appearance standards;
* Conduct and/or attend all required meetings, including pre-event and post-event meetings;
* Provide employees with the training, tools, and environment they need to deliver an exceptional fine dining experience;
* Develop and implement strategies and practices that support employee engagement;
* Maintain product consistency by conducting inspections of seasonings, portions, and appearance of food;
* Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
GUEST SERVICE & SATISFACTION
* Create an unforgettable dining experience in the restaurant and the banquet facilities;
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner;
* Actively participate in all hotel required meetings and trainings;
* Maintain high standards of The Inn at Elon's personal appearance and grooming requirements.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions;
* Must be effective in handling problems, developing a positive departmental culture, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary;
* Perform other duties as requested by management
* College degree and five years of related experience in fine dining;
* Strong verbal and written communication skills;
* Significant attention to detail;
* Complete understanding of NOI profitability and budget goals;
* Knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, NC health department rules and regulations, and NC liquor laws and regulations;
* Computer skills required - experience with Hotel information systems preferred;
* Excellent guest services skills;
* Demonstrated commitment to diversity and success in working with diverse constituencies to support an inclusive environment.
* Strong and effective interpersonal skills including the ability to listen well and demonstrate sensitivity to and respect for individual needs.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!