Friendship Village Tempe
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Friendship Village Tempe
- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- 2:30pm - 8pm, various days including holidays, weekends, and special events as needed
- Regular Part-Time
- Village Center
- USD $13.00/Hr.
- USD $14.56/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a part-time Bartender for work in our sports bars. This person will also fill-in as a Server as needed in our Fine Dining Restaurant.
Please note: We have a strict no-tipping policy.
- Provide full service in The Embers and coordinate all dining related functions in that venue to ensure highest level of customer service at all times.
- Build strong relationships with all team members and residents, establishing trust and confidence.
- Prepare cocktails for residents and guests.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Account for all sales using POS (Point Of Sale) System.
- Adhere to all state liquor laws.
- Maintain a safe work environment for themselves and other staff and residents.
What Our Employees Say:
Bartender review from Indeed.com: "The best part of the job is the obvious teamwork among employees. Everyone has something new to bring to the table and their talents and abilities tie together well to make a great team… It is always interesting to come to work. Every day has something new in store for me and brings new challenges to resolve. I really enjoy working with the residents. I think their stories of the past are extremely interesting."
Education & Experience
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- Minimum of 6 months of related experience and/or training.
- Must have a basic understanding of drink recipes and mixology.
- Obtain Maricopa County Food Handler Course and Test certification within 30 days of hire.
- Follow directives.
- Ability to effectively present information one-on-one to customers, clients and other employees.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Walk, sit, stoop, climb, kneel, crouch, crawl, or balance.
- Frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer part-time employees a benefits package including:
- 403B Retirement Plan – Employer Match (must work 20 hours/wk)
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program (must work 15 hours/wk)
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Paid Sick Time
- Trip Reduction Program
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
Check out our 4.3 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also hold a 4.0 star rating on Indeed
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating