Fresquez Concessions Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Fresquez Concessions Inc.
“Doing business with integrity while serving our guests exceptionally.”
Responsible for all aspects of professional food service and guest satisfaction! Our purpose is to bring people together to celebrate the love of family and friends. Taking and delivering orders with first class customer service is the Fresquez way.
The Server interacts with guests and ensure they have an exceptional dining experience. Servers are responsible for positive guest interactions. Serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. Our servers play a vital role ensuring our guests are delighted in their visit and leave with the best guest experience possible. Servers are an integral part of our guest experience. “Doing business with integrity while serving our guests exceptionally”. Our guests need to feel welcomed, valued, listened to, comfortable, relaxed and wanting to come back for more.
- Prepares room for dining setting decorations, condiments, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
- Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Helps guests select food and beverages by presenting menu; suggesting courses; explaining restaurant specialties; identifying appropriate alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages; answering food preparation questions.
- Transmits orders to bar and kitchen by recording guests' choices; identifying guests' special dietary needs and special requests.
- Keeps kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression and communicate back to guest as appropriate.
- Serves orders by picking up and delivering guests' choices from bar and kitchen; delivering accompaniments and condiments as needed.
- Responds to additional guest requirements by inquiring of needs; observing dining process.
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to guests’ spills or other special needs.
- Obtains revenues by totaling charges; issuing bill; accepting payment; delivering bill and payment; returning change or credit card and signature slip to guests.
- Stays up to date on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, knowing if the kitchen staff is running out of any items.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by management.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- concludes dining experience by acknowledging choice of restaurant; inviting guests to return.
Skill / Requirements
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members.
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room staff.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
Organization, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Excellent Verbal Communication, Ethical Conduct, High Integrity, Personal Responsibility and Initiative, Safety Conscious, Cleanliness, General Math Skills, Conflict Resolution, Relationship Building
- Strong knowledge and understanding of company and FDA standards, processes and procedures.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Team Player – Ability to act in a collaborative manner which contributes to creating an environment of respect and professionalism displayed at all times toward management, co-workers, guests, and vendors.
- Effective organizational and time management skills; able to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure and to be flexible and adept at varying and changing demands.
- Able to work at a fast pace in an effective manner.
- Effective interpersonal communication and interpersonal skills with guests and co-workers including dishwashers, cooks, other servers, bartenders, supervisors and management.
- Food handler permit required upon hire.
This job operates in a fast-paced restaurant setting and is frequently subjected to heat, steam, fire, and noise. This role routinely uses standard restaurant equipment such as: ovens, cook tops, griddles, deep-fat fryers, grills, microwaves, sharp tools/slicers, as well as other equipment as necessary.
Physical or Environmental Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
This position requires constant standing. All positions may require constant, frequent, or occasional: standing, walking, lifting, sitting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, eye/hand/foot coordination. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is an hourly position. Scheduled hours vary by restaurant needs, including necessary adjustments during high and low seasonal changes. Typical days and hours of work for this position are Monday-Sunday 5am-12am (varying shifts). Other days/hours, including holidays, required as needed or assigned.
Required Experience and Skills:
Restaurant experience preferred.
Knowledge and understanding of relevant food safety and sanitation laws, principles, procedures, and practices.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- Satisfactory completion of a pre-employment drug screening.
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
- Satisfactory completion of a background check in accordance with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
Fresquez, Inc., Fresquez Concessions, Inc., NM Restaurant Investors Inc. DBA Village Inn, and LF Operations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. The policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.
Please visit fresquezcompanies.com under Careers, or click the link below, to apply for this position, or any of our other open positions!