Fresquez Concessions Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dishwasher - Food Court - Sunport
at Fresquez Concessions Inc.
Summary/Objective: “Doing business with integrity while serving our guests exceptionally.”
Dishwashers are responsible for washing dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, or pans, using dishwashers or by hand. Place clean dishes, utensils, or cooking equipment in storage areas. Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, or utensils in clean and orderly condition. The dishwasher is also responsible for making sure the dish washing area is maintained as a clean, safe, and sanitary facility.
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine.
- Sort and stack clean dishes. Carry clean dishes to cook’s line and other proper storage areas. Rewash soiled dishes before delivering.
- Change dishwater in dish machine every hour.
- Wash pots, pans and trays by hand.
- Remove trash and garbage to dumpster.
- Set up or break down dish-washing area.
- Clean and roll/unroll mats.
- Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
- Sweep/mop floors.
- Assemble/disassemble dish machine.
- Sweep up trash around exterior of restaurant and garbage dumpster.
- Conduct general restaurant and restroom cleaning as directed.
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry.
- Notify manager any time dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures.
- Do not touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without washing hands first.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as directed.
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members.
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
Organization, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Excellent Listening and Communication Skills, Ethical Conduct, High Integrity, Personal Responsibility and Initiative, Safety Conscious, Cleanliness
Skill / Requirements
- Strong knowledge and understanding of company and FDA standards, processes and procedures.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Team Player – Ability to act in a collaborative manner which contributes to creating an environment of respect and professionalism displayed at all times toward management, co-workers, guests, and vendors.
- Effective organizational and time management skills; able to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure and to be flexible and adept at varying and changing demands.
- Able to work at a fast pace in an effective manner.
- Effective interpersonal communication and interpersonal skills with guests and co-workers including dishwashers, cooks, other servers, bartenders, supervisors and management.
- Food handler permit required upon hire.
This job operates in a fast-paced restaurant setting. The noise level is usually moderate to high. The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but not limited to: Slipping, tripping, and falls.
Physical or Environmental Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
This position requires constant standing. All positions may require constant, frequent, or occasional: standing, walking, lifting, sitting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, eye/hand/foot coordination. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is an hourly position. Scheduled hours vary by restaurant needs, including necessary adjustments made during high and low seasonal changes. Typical days and hours of work for this position are Monday-Sunday 5am-12am or later (varying shifts). Other days/hours and holidays required as needed or assigned.
Restaurant industry experience preferred.
Knowledge and understanding of relevant food safety and sanitation laws, principles, procedures, and practices.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- Satisfactory completion of a pre-employment drug screening.
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
- Satisfactory completion of a background check in accordance with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
Ability to read, analyze, interpret general business rules and technical procedures.
Ability to clearly and effectively communicate information and respond to questions from management and team members.
Other (Secondary) Responsibilities:
Assist with other restaurant functions including other assigned duties as needed. Must be able to fill in as needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Fresquez, Inc., Fresquez Concessions, Inc., NM Restaurant Investors Inc. DBA Village Inn, and LF Operations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. The policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.
To view more details or to apply please follow the link below, or visit fresquezcompanies.com and click on Careers.