Fresquez Concessions Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cashier & Crew
at Fresquez Concessions Inc.
Summary/Objective: “Doing business with integrity while serving our guests exceptionally.”
Our cashiers are the face of the company. Exceptional customer service skills is integral. Whether you meet the guest in person, drive-thru, car hop, or by phone, you will kindly greet the guest, take their order, fill drinks, accept payment, and put orders together. Cashiers are also responsible for maintaining a clean lobby area, filling straws, napkins, condiments, sweeping and mopping, and wiping down tables and drink stations. Menu knowledge is important, as is effective listening, speaking, and communication skills. Sensitivity to guests’ individual needs is a must.
- Answer guest questions regarding menu, pricing, and other related questions.
- Operate a cash register.
- Accept payment via cash, credit card, or gift card/certificate and make change when appropriate.
- Balance cash drawer and open and close according to restaurant and cash handling procedures.
- Calculate appropriate discounts to determine price.
- Maintain appropriate portion control according to Fresquez standards.
- Wrap or bag food for guests.
- Take and complete drink orders for guests.
- Food preparation.
- Maintain proper food handling standards.
- Stocks restaurant and lobby area as needed.
- Maintain restaurant cleanliness.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
Skill / Requirements
- Must possess a positive, helpful attitude and work well with other team members.
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 25 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, other personnel, and visitors.
- Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of company and FDA standards, processes and procedures.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Team Player – Ability to act in a collaborative manner which contributes to creating an environment of respect and professionalism displayed at all times toward management, co-workers, guests, and vendors.
- Effective organizational and time management skills; able to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure and to be flexible and adept at varying and changing demands.
- Able to work at a fast pace in an effective manner.
- Effective interpersonal communication and interpersonal skills with co-workers including other cooks, servers, and management.
This job operates in a fast-paced restaurant setting and is frequently subjected to heat, steam, fire, and noise. This role routinely uses standard restaurant equipment such as: ovens, cook tops, griddles, deep-fat fryers, grills, microwaves, sharp tools/slicers, as well as other equipment as necessary.
Physical or Environmental Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
This position requires constant standing. All positions may require constant, frequent, or occasional: standing, walking, lifting, sitting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, eye/hand/foot coordination. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is an hourly position. Scheduled hours vary by restaurant needs, including necessary adjustments during high and low seasonal changes. Typical days and hours of work for this position are Monday-Sunday varying shifts. Other days/hours, including holidays, required as needed or assigned.
Required Experience and Skills:
Restaurant experience preferred.
Knowledge and understanding of relevant food safety and sanitation laws, principles, procedures, and practices.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- Satisfactory completion of a pre-employment drug screening.
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
- Satisfactory completion of a background check in accordance with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
Fresquez, Inc., Fresquez Concessions, Inc., NM Restaurant Investors Inc. DBA Village Inn, and LF Operations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. The policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.
Please visit fresquezcompanies.com under Careers, or click the link below, to apply for this position, or any of our other open positions!