Fresquez Concessions Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Fresquez Concessions Inc.
“Doing business with integrity while serving our guests exceptionally.”
Hiring for: Albuquerque Sunport
Under general supervision the baker is responsible for performing a variety of duties and assists with the preparation of breads, pastries and other baked goods. This position requires a successful baker to use precise measurements of ingredients and knowledge of how heat affects them to execute recipes perfectly. Innate creativity and the use of tools and techniques to decorate each item to company or customer specifications is required.
Here at Fresquez, we are a customer-focused company. Our bakers play a critical role, as it is his/her responsibility to make sure our food is safe to eat and is consistently served with the utmost quality taste, overall ensuring our guests are delighted in their visit and leave with the best guest experience possible.
- Collaborates with restaurant operations team and upper leadership team.
- Protects organization's value by keeping company information confidential.
- Excellent internal and external customer service.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays as needed.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly prioritize tasks.
- Food safety driven and food service/baking experience.
- Responsible for prepping ingredients and assembling baked goods according to restaurant recipes and specifications.
- Reviews production schedules to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake and to assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily baking activities.
- Shapes dough for cookies, pies and fancy pastries either by hand or by using dough rollers and cookie cutters and industrial mixing machines.
- Cuts and weighs dough into uniform portions with knife or divider, molds dough into loaves or other shapes, and places in pans; proofs dough and bakes in oven using peel; inspects product for quality during and after baking and makes adjustments to processes as required.
- Apply glazes, icings, or other toppings to baked goods, using spatulas or brushes.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as ovens, grills, deep-fat fryers and/or griddles, slicer, etc. with the ability to use simultaneously at times.
- Read order slips and/or screens or receive verbal instructions to bake to specifications; order and take delivery of product, as needed.
- Verify prepared baked goods meet requirements for quality and quantity.
- Clean, stock and restock workstations, display cases, etc.
Skill / Requirements
Skills and Qualifications:
Organization/Prioritization, General Math Skills, Analytical Skills, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Verbal Communication, Ethical Conduct, High Integrity, Personal Responsibility, Initiative, Accuracy, Technical/Mechanical Ability, Safety Conscious, Cleanliness, Creativity
- Strong knowledge and understanding of company and FDA standards, processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of restaurant/baking supplies, equipment, and/or services including ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to monitor and/or maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to prepare and bake a variety of pastries and/or other baked goods.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to receive, stock, and/or deliver goods.
- Knowledge of maintenance and care of culinary facilities, equipment, supplies, and materials.
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards.
- Assist on special projects as needed or requested.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Team Player – Ability to act in a collaborative manner which contributes to creating an environment of respect and professionalism displayed at all times toward management, co-workers, guests, and vendors.
- Effective organizational and time management skills; able to manage multiple priorities, to complete tasks/projects in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work under pressure and to be flexible and adept to varying and changing demands.
- Able to work at a fast pace in an effective manner.
- Effective and friendly interpersonal communication and interpersonal skills with internal and external customers.
This job operates in a busy restaurant environment. This role routinely uses a cash register, handles cash, restaurant equipment and appliances. Employees in this role are frequently exposed to hot water, potentially slippery floors, garbage disposals and cleaning chemicals. Noise level is moderate to loud.
Physical or Environmental Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
This position requires constant standing. All positions may require constant, frequent, or occasional: standing, walking, lifting, sitting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, eye/hand/foot coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is an hourly position. Scheduled hours vary by restaurant needs, including necessary adjustments made during high and low seasonal changes. Typical days and hours of work for this position are Monday-Sunday 4am-10pm or later (varying shifts). Other days/hours and holidays required as needed or assigned.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- Satisfactory completion of a pre-employment drug screening.
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
Other (Secondary) Responsibilities:
Assist with other restaurant functions including other assigned duties as needed. Must be able to fill in as needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please apply on our website by going to fresquezcompanies.com and clicking on Careers, or by following the link below. From there you can browse through all of our available positions by location, or by job title.