Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Child Nutrition Specialist
at EANES ISD
Eanes ISD is currently seeking Child Nutrition Specialists! We offer great pay and benefits!
*Only applications submitted through the Eanes ISD website will be accepted and considered for employment.*
Please complete the online application at www.eanesisd.net/jobs
Responsible for preparing and serving appropriate quantities of food to meet menu requirements and maintain high standards of quality in food production, sanitation, and safety practices.
• Must be able to read, write and understand verbal instructions in English.
• Training will be provided on the job as an on-going endeavor without regard to length of service or skills
• Working knowledge of kitchen equipment and food production.
• Prefer knowledge of computers for cashiering.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
• Prepare quality food according to a planned menu of tested, uniform recipes and be able to increase or decrease with accuracy.
• Daily prepare menu items as outline on the food production record.
• Aides in stocking and straightening food items in a storeroom, 40-degree F refrigerator and 0-degree F freezer.
• Set up service lines with proper serving utensils and ensure full responsibility for garnishing in a way that will enhance the overall eye appeal. Manager may give specific directions.
• Assist in the clean up process by putting food away, washing pots and pans, sweeping and mopping, putting stock away and carrying trash out.
• Demonstrate knowledge and follow care and use of the equipment.
• Demonstrate sound safety and sanitation practices.
• Meet all scheduled meal times, portions and serve the food as per departmental policies and procedures.
• Present an image of professionalism by following department guidelines for personal hygiene and dress code.
• Recognize and complete tasks without being told.
• Handle and record cashier functions accurately.
• Assist in recording food requisitions and request orders of necessary supplies.
• Demonstrate a positive attitude, flexibility and be willing to perform any additional duties as assigned by the manager and/or director.
• Promote teamwork and interaction with fellow staff members.
• Maintain Confidentiality.
• Other duties as assigned.
Use of large and small commercial kitchen equipment including: electric slicer, mixer, pressure steamer, convection and conventional ovens, kettle, braiser, sharp cutting tools, food and utility carts, and computer.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Must be able to lift 25 pounds repetitively without assistance. Work in a fast pace environment and stand for extended periods of time. Stands, walks, pushes and pulls; lifts and carries; some stooping, bending and kneeling most of the day.
Frequently bends neck, hands, wrists, arms and back. Moderate exposure to extreme hot and/or cold temperatures. Requires working with hot ovens.
Please apply online at: www.eanesisd.net/jobs