Immaculate Conception School Yuma
Catholic School Job Description
Job Title: Cafeteria Manager Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Department/Location: Immaculate Conception School / Yuma, AZ
Primary Function: Under the direction of the School Principal is responsible for the supervision and management of the food service operations for the school.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Church’s spiritual and pastoral mission
- Shall abide by Catholic principles in the employee’s professional and private life, and shall govern his/her professional and private life in strict accordance with Catholic morals and principles to demonstrate complete adherence to Catholic moral strictures.
- Plan menus and utilize food based on number of anticipated students, required nutritional value, and cost; ensure that appropriate quantities of food are ordered and served.
- Adhere to nutrition requirements as mandated by local, State, and Federal Government.
- Produce and maintain work schedules and production records: direct personnel task assignments for the cafeteria to operate with maximum efficiency.
- Manage and maintain food production in a sanitary environment that ensures the safety and quality of food per departmental guidelines and Pima County Health Department requirements.
- Place orders for all foods and supplies used in the cafeteria; prepare meals for breakfast and lunch.
- Maintain all serving schedules; ensure that all food items are served per menu specifications in a safe and appropriate manner according to cafeteria guidelines.
- Maintain accurate on-site reports of daily and monthly financial production and activity records; prepare and maintain all records for required audits and reviews.
- Insure compliance with applicable Personnel Policies and Practices, and ensure employees are appropriately managed; provide education and training to employees as necessary
- Maintain a safe and hazard-free working environment.
- Maintain logs on all maintenance required on equipment within the school cafeteria; justify replacement of existing equipment to meet cafeteria needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical/Mental Requirements: Requires coordination and manual dexterity, normal mental and visual ability; ability to lift in a normal cafeteria environment. .
Required Activities: Walking; sitting; standing; stooping; bending; kneeling; reaching; talking; handling; hearing; and carrying .
- Must have a working knowledge of and a strong commitment to the mission of the Diocese and Catholic Church. If a baptized Catholic, must be in full communion with the Church.
- Must be proficient in the use of large and small kitchen equipment to include an electric slicer, mixer, pressure steamer, tools, dishwashers and other kitchen appliances as needed.
- Must have the ability to use a computer for prolonged periods for cafeteria related tasks.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written; excellent human relations and interpersonal skills
- Must be a self-starter, well organized: perform multiple tasks simultaneously and work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment; punctuality is a must at all times; ability to travel locally as required; weekend and overtime work may be required
- Professional bearing; clean and neat personal appearance
- Ability to successfully pass a background, criminal history, and credit history check.
- Interact with students, teachers, parents, and others in a professional, courteous, and tactful manner
- Be able to read directions and safety warnings. Must be safety and health conscious at all times.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Food Service Management from an accredited institution or equivalent, experience
- Completion of an accredited sanitation course
- Comprehensive knowledge of modern cooking procedures and health and hygiene requirements
- 1 years’ experience as a cook in a commercial or private environment
Other/preferred Skills: :
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Immaculate Conception is a Roman Catholic religious organization and that all employees are expected to respect and conduct themselves in accordance with the values, teachings and morals of the Roman Catholic Church and by Arizona state law.? Under the "Zero Tolerance Policy", no one will be knowingly assigned or retained to serve in the School when that person is determined to have engaged in the abuse of a minor or to have violated boundaries in dealing with minors.